Sunday, July 7, 2013

Convergence is Done

HI, Hi, Hi.  Just got back from Convergence.  This is my third one and they just keep getting better!!  I mostly go for the panels so I personally don't have any great party stories, (maybe next year), but would love to hear from any of you who do.
     Tomorrow's Monday and I have to get back to work.  Both my writing and my job.  I hope you enjoyed the first three chapters of Murphy's Shadow.  I am currently working on a second book, (which was actually my first book, but that's another story), and hope to have it finished and out soon.  (I'm thinking November, but it may be sooner.)  It's about Mateo and Ana's daughter, Carrie.  It's got good guys, bad guys and, of course, Jumpers! I'm having a lot of fun writing it.  Hopefully, this time I can get it right the first time and won't have to rewrite a third of the book!  Not that I mind, because the story really is more consistent this way.  (Thanks Beth!!!)
     And speaking of Beth, don't you love the cover!! I have such talented friends!!  She has captured the whole story in that one piece of artwork.  Thank you Beth!!!  Even though I thought the first draft was good enough, you knew better than I.  Kudos!!
     I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Christina, Robbie, Tom, and Thu Tram for their distribution work and for letting me "play" with Lynn.  Thanks for understanding. And Robbie, Thank you,  Thank you, for all the work you did to set me up on the internet.  Sorry you got left alone so much.  I would make it up to you if I could.:(
     Finally, Thank You So Much to my Exceptional and Wonderful daughter Lynn without whom,  I would never have picked up a pen much less started writing or publishing.  She has contributed so much to this work, I hope she is proud of it.  This book is every bit as much her doing as mine.  She held my hand through many, many anxiety attacks and insisted that I "get busy and write".  I am very proud of my very very talented daughter and am looking forward to telling her to "get busy and write" too.
     Well, that's about all I got for today.  Very tired.  If I missed anyone in my thank yous, I'm very sorry, please forgive me.  Hope you all had fun at Convergence.  Hope to see you all next year.  Jean Gilman.    

No comments:

Post a Comment